Sunday 5 May 2013

Around This House...



Unfortunately spring has not come... we still get the occasional snow fall and cold wind. As a result Anders and I have been spending more time inside than I'd like... I even think I'm getting a bit of cabin fever. We have been keeping busy baking, reading, doing puzzles, and going to indoor play structures. Hopefully spring will come soon, I long to see that green grass!

My baking interests have also been a bit off, instead of wanting to make a bunch of fruit pies and fluffy deserts, I've been loving cinnamon and ginger, spices that are usually used in the fall. I don't know ifit because I feel that I need to snuggle up in a warm blanket or if it's the pregnancy, but these fall treats have been delicious and very satisfying. So I'm just going to embrace it!

Baby is growing and kicking like crazy. We had our ultrasound last Monday and we have a beautiful and happy baby on our hands. The little one must have known he/she was on camera because there was quite a show and even a few kicks at the technition. I am feeling grateful that everything is on track. Now I want to start to go through baby clothes and start to get ready for the arrival... it is still a few months off but the ultrasound made it so much more real. I'm trying to take everything and live in the moment; time is flying by so quickly and I have a feeling that it is just going to go faster! :)

2 comments:

Marie said...

Baby kicks are one of the best feelings in the world! It's surreal that there's an actual living boy/girl living inside of us.. so amazing. :)

Meg said...

I love these pics! They are beautiful. I support your fallish treats :-) I'm glad your pregnancy is going well :-) Xo