Monday 4 March 2013

I'm Feeling Good


I have to be honest... pregnancy and me just don't mix. When I was pregnant with Anders I was throwing up multiple times per day for the first 6 months and had on/off nausea with the occasional throw up session for the next two months. Month 9 was ok thank goodness and I just had the normal pregnancy related uncomfortableness, but I was happy that's all it was!

So when the signs of pregnancy started popping up  (not being able to stomach anything but carbs and having no desire to eat, but needing to eat every two hours) Derek and I knew we were pregnant again without needing a test. Our thought was "yay!!" followed by "oh no, pregnancy here we go again". But I really can't complain, I feel so blessed that we could get pregnant and have another little one around. Plus, Anders was a wonderful baby, and honestly I'll take a really bad pregnancy for a happy and healthy baby.

But today I'm having a really good day. My nausea has been minimal and it sure makes me appreciate feeling "normal". Throughout the day I was just overcome with a feeling of gratefulness. Here is some of what I'm grateful for:

  • A wonderful husband who has been taking care of the house and Anders and has said on a number of occasions "Why don't you go relax and have some you time?"
  • My boy with an irresistible ticklish neck and contagious giggles.
  • My supportive extended family who have helped by making meals and looking after Anders on the really bad days.
  • A nice hot cup of cranberry apple cider with lemon.
  • My body and that it is strong enough to support growing life.
  • That I was able to make a batch of chocolate chip cookies and enjoy the smell of them baking.
  • My home and that it feels like home.
  • All the baby preparations and planning for the future.

5 comments:

CoastWithMe said...

Congrats Alexis! I'm so happy for you and the family! What an exciting time (minus the nausea)! Glad you are feeling well! Hope it stays that way:)! Morning sickness is no joke! I panic when I start to feel like throwing up. It's my least favorite thing in the entire world. I don't know how I could ever manage pregnancy! Enough about me though! May god bless you with a healthy pregnancy and a happy and healthy baby!

Marie said...

Hope your pregnancy symptoms will go away soon.. and Congrats to you! Have fun planning for your 2nd little one ;)

Alexandra Zakharova said...

Hope you will be allright!!!! That's an amazing thing to wait a new life comming into this world!!!Also thank you so incredibly much for the comment you'd left on my blog:)
Have a fabulous time!

Best wishes, Alexandra
www.svetusvet.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

yay!! i am so happy your feeling good lex!! so excited for you guys!

Sixth Tractate said...

Congrats! Yay! I just came across your blog and I'm your newest follower :) Would you mind checking out our blog & if you like, following back via GFC and Bloglovin'? Looking forward to your next post! xx

sixthtractate.blogspot.com