Sunday, 31 March 2013
I don't know why, but I was really excited to celebrate Easter this year. Maybe it's because we have a little boy in the house. That's probably it. Anyway, I started making plans a couple of weeks ago, and I think so far we are having some fun!
We woke up at 7:00 and went downstairs. I left Anders' Easter basket on the floor and he bee-lined it. Instead of putting a bunch of chocolate in the basket I decided to put some small toys that Anders could use in Spring like sidewalk chalk, Play dough, stickers, a windmill, and bubbles. I also put in a bunny puppet that we had already, but Anders didn't seem to notice.
We also had a little egg hunt. Derek had a great idea of putting Cheerios inside of the plastic eggs and Anders absolutely loved it. His eyes would light up whenever he found another egg.
In the afternoon we went to my parent's for dinner. I made a trifle which was a nice spring treat. All in all we had a wonderful weekend and some nice family time. Now on with the snow melt, I want summer!
Monday, 4 March 2013
I have to be honest... pregnancy and me just don't mix. When I was pregnant with Anders I was throwing up multiple times per day for the first 6 months and had on/off nausea with the occasional throw up session for the next two months. Month 9 was ok thank goodness and I just had the normal pregnancy related uncomfortableness, but I was happy that's all it was!
So when the signs of pregnancy started popping up (not being able to stomach anything but carbs and having no desire to eat, but needing to eat every two hours) Derek and I knew we were pregnant again without needing a test. Our thought was "yay!!" followed by "oh no, pregnancy here we go again". But I really can't complain, I feel so blessed that we could get pregnant and have another little one around. Plus, Anders was a wonderful baby, and honestly I'll take a really bad pregnancy for a happy and healthy baby.
But today I'm having a really good day. My nausea has been minimal and it sure makes me appreciate feeling "normal". Throughout the day I was just overcome with a feeling of gratefulness. Here is some of what I'm grateful for:
- A wonderful husband who has been taking care of the house and Anders and has said on a number of occasions "Why don't you go relax and have some you time?"
- My boy with an irresistible ticklish neck and contagious giggles.
- My supportive extended family who have helped by making meals and looking after Anders on the really bad days.
- A nice hot cup of cranberry apple cider with lemon.
- My body and that it is strong enough to support growing life.
- That I was able to make a batch of chocolate chip cookies and enjoy the smell of them baking.
- My home and that it feels like home.
- All the baby preparations and planning for the future.