Thursday 18 October 2012

Get to Know Me and an Award




A big sweet thanks to Meg the Cool Girl for the nomination!

The Liebster Blog Award “is all about discovering blogs, and helping those with less than 200 followers to get recognized."

The Rules
·         Each person awarded must post 11 facts about themselves.
·         Answer the 11 questions the nominator has set for them.
·         Create 11 more questions for the bloggers they will nominate.
·         Choose 5 bloggers to nominate.
·         Let the lucky bloggers know.


 Eleven facts about me:
·          I met my husband when we were 5. I had a crush on him then, but we didn't start dating until we were 18.
·           I’m a sucker for children’s stories. Now that Anders is here I have a good excuse to build my children’s book collection. One of my favorites is Peter Pan illustrated by Robert Ingpen.
·         I love the feeling of being out in the sun all day, coming home, having a shower, and getting into comfies (i.e. sweatpants or the like).
·         Sad to say, but I don’t like the Simpsons.  Derek’s been trying to turn me, but has failed miserably.  
·         Some of my favorite smells are pie baking, Derek’s aftershave, chili cooking, Anders’ hair, and vanilla.
·         I love mixing a spicy herbal tea with hot chocolate to get different flavors.
·         One of my favorite dates was going for a midnight roller blade on a warm night and finding a small pond. We sat and watched the stars. So simple, but perfect for me.
·         My favorite times in university were the days we got our organizers. I just love to get organized… nerdy I know, but I just function better.
·         Sometimes I like to drink juice in a martini glass. It just tastes better that way.
·         There is nothing better than the feeling of a new pair of socks on my tootsies.
·         I have never broken a bone, but I did tear my ACL in my left knee.

Meg’s Questions:
1.      What is your favorite song at this very moment?I really need to update my playlist, but right now it’s “Under Your Spell” by Desire.

2.      What is your favorite perfume?  “ Versus” by Versace when I want to relax, “Play” by Givenchy  when I’m feeling flirty.

3.      What is your favorite quote? I really appreciate quotes, but I don’t surround myself by them. But I love the statement “Be present every day”. It is so simple but it can have a huge impact on your life if you live it. It is the small things in life that bring the greatest happiness and excitement; but you need to notice them to savor them. There is nothing worse than living your life in a fog of routine and reaction instead of action and appreciation.

4.      What is your comfort food? Chocolate, chocolate, chocolate. Always, and forever, chocolate.

5.      What is one thing that can make you laugh, no matter what mood you're in? Slapstick and the Despicable Me 2 movie trailer (probably because of the slapstick).

6.      What is something that you are afraid of? To not find my passion in life. I want to do something that matters. I just need to find it.

7.      What is something most people don't know about you? I like toast with jam and cheese. All together in an open faced sandwich.  Some people find that combination disgusting, but it is quite delicious.

8.      What is one thing you wish was a trend in fashion? All out ballerina get up: the tutu, the makeup, the slippers with ribbon. This is probably my greatest regret in life; that I wasn't a ballerina.

9.      What is the story behind your blog url? My grandpa’s name is Swaney. It actually wasn’t his given name, he changed it but that’s another story. My grandpa Swaney loved to go garage sailing to find deals. In fact, he had antiques all over his yard, house, and garage. He’d buy anything from an old car to watches to tractor seats to dolls (my grandma loved them). He has always been one of my favorite people that I admired because he was passionate about something and he found his niche. This love for thrifting and antiques rubbed off on me and is a big part of who I am.

10.  What is your favorite movie? Never let me go (this is where I fell in love with Andrew Garfield, not Spiderman).

11.  Do you have a favorite constellation?  If yes, which one?  If no, you can have mine, Cassiopeia! It is Cassiopeia! Derek and I randomly chose 2 stars one night and Cassiopeia was right in the middle of them so we settled on that. I would look at that constellation when Derek was in Honduras and send him a wish that he would be safe.

Nominations and Blogs I love:
Brittany from Brittany’s Notebook
Jillian at Faith that Laughs
Alexandra at Svetusvet


Questions for the nominated:

1.                   What is your favorite soft drink?
2.                  What is the one thing you cannot live without?
3.                  What is your comfort food?
4.                  What is one thing that can make you laugh, no matter what mood you're in?
5.                   What is something that you are afraid of?
6.                  What is something most people don't know about you?
7.                   What is your favorite fall fashion trend?
8.                  What is the story behind your blog url?
9.                  What do you do if you can’t sleep?
10.               Who is your all-time favorite person?
11.                What was the best gift that you have either given or received?

6 comments:

Le Fresne said...

Thank you so, so much for nominating me. I'm over the moon!
I'm going to make a post about it in the next day or so :)

le fresne x

Alexandra Zakharova said...

wow, thank you so much for nominating me, i'm so flattered! I also must say I like your blog a lot and it was really interesting to read this post! Just keep on creating!

Best wishes, Alex
www.svetusvet.blogspot.com

Jenny / Rocknrollerr said...

cute!

X Jenny
Rocknrollerr.com

Meg said...

I loved reading your answers!! Cassiopeia!?..we were destined to be friends! Xo
-Meg

CoastWithMe said...

Thank you so much for the nomination:)! Loved reading about you!

The Dainty Dolls House said...

Loved your answers! I loved the Simpsons when I was younger, but it's grown tiresome to me now and a bit boring. Love Despicable Me and can't wait for the second one :) Congrats on the award doll...hope you have a super weekend xx